Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Bottoms up, kids.

It's my birthday! Yay! I love my birthday, its the best day of the entire year, and this year is no exception. While I was initially hesitant because 21 here in the UK isn't the same thing in America, those Brits certainly were willing to play American last night! But before I get into that I just want to say that I told them my tea story and they were mortified. Apparently I committed some serious misdemeanor. When I told Ed that I left the tea bags in he just gasped. God. I just rolled my eyes and said "Whatever. I'm totally British." Ed just said "Um, no you're totally not because you just said totally." Its not worth fighting that battle anymore. Time to accept, and move on.

Last night was a ton of fun, if not perhaps a bit too much fun but its cool. You only turn 21 once, and I made it to class this morning so it couldn't have been that bad, right?

:-)

Tonight I have a quick show (thank god) and then I think we're going to go out again for a little bit. The girls and I are going to go out Thursday because this week is really crazy for them, which is fine with me because it means that I can celebrate all week! Being 21 is exciting and everything, but I kept waiting for my responsibility instinct to kick in. I mean, that's why you can't drink in America until you're 21 right? I've always heard that at midnight on your twenty-first birthday you have a moment when you cross over into adulthood and you no longer make irrational, irresponsible decisions.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm a late bloomer.

Today at the London Center everyone got together and sang happy birthday, it was really nice. And the cake was really good! My friends have definitely taken care of me this birthday - and I can't wait to do it all again when I get home!

Oh, man. I need a nap.

xx.

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel!