Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Case of the (Wednesdays) ?

I'm writing a paper on a play I saw for Drama and the London Theatre, and I keep telling it to write itself, but it won't listen. This battle has been waging since about 9 30 AM. It is now 4 PM. In fairness I have six full pages written and am in the homestretch, but as we all know the homestretch is not the end. Ugh.

Today at work I have been putting my copying skills to use. I am a copying extraordinaire... I don't know if you all know that, but its true. Its starting to get darker here earlier, which isn't good because it means that I'm going to have to go running in the morning instead of at night which means I'm going to have actually get up at a normal hour and not go to bed at 2 AM! I'm sure that I can manage.

I'm gearing up for next semester already, I can hardly believe it. I've set up my independent study and spoken with a few of my other professors about odds and ends. Hopefully by next week I will know a little bit more about my extracurriculars and I'll feel a little better about leaving this fabulous town. Of course, I still don't have anywhere to live, so if you are reading this and you go to Ithaca, can you keep an eye out for a Garden or something off-campus? I'll live on a couch, I'm not picky - I just don't want to go back to the lower quads!! I'm serious though, if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Last night my drama class went to go see 'A Disappearing Number' at the Barbican. It was really good. It was done by the theatre group Complicite, which is a well known group of actors who always have interesting approaches to things. This play was about a man's growing madness as he tries to understand his wife's love of math. It was kind of like Proof, but even more unsettling. At one point they were on an airplane and in the background the numbers were changing the planes coordinates constantly and I thought to myself, oh my god, if this plane crashes right now this play really will be my worst nightmare.

Of course, my mathematician roommate absolutely loved it. What a crazy girl. I can't believe that its already midterms, and I'm talking about next semester. Soon I will be registering for classes, and I will be a second semester Junior. When did that happen?

This weekend I am going to be back in London - somewhere I haven't been over the weekend for a good three weeks! I'm excited, even though most of the time will probably be spent studying for midterms.

Ha. Who am I kidding?

Miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Siriusly,you run now? Excellent, we can run together over thanksgiving and xmas. XOXO