Crazy weekend (as always) jolting into another week, that will (hopefully sooner rather than later) run into the next weekend. WeekEND. That's how they say it here. Anyway.
Saturday Kelly, Allison, and I decided to walk to Marble Arch (read: Oxford and Bond Streets). They were on a shopping mission, but I swear I was just along for the ride. Walking in that area on a Saturday is just asking for it. It is so crowded and swamped with tourists you can't even get down the street. It's almost (but not quite) as bad as Matinee day, which I know holds a special place in every midtown New Yorker's heart.
That night I met up with some of my British friends, where I was informed that the number one rule about being British is to know a good bar man. I swear these people start drinking in the womb. Luckily, I was told, I was in the presence of several boys who knew several people who worked at the pub we were in. Thank god I was in good hands, I mean, I don't know what I would have done :-)
The Brit clique my friend and I have crashed are thinking about going to Paris soon - say hello to our French friends, or at least saying bonjour to the bread? We'll see.
When I finally rolled out of bed on Sunday I decided that it might be time to take on the paper that I have known about for three weeks now, as it is due tomorrow. I was very impressed with myself when I got over half of it done yesterday - and now I'm so close to being finished! Good thing I still have it in me, I was getting worried.
Last night I had my first senior week meeting, syncing in from London, Los Angeles, and Ithaca. One person was meant to be calling in from Disneyland, which would have only made the undertaking more interesting. Thankfully he decided to forego calling us from Its A Small World and stayed in his Oakwood apartment instead. It was successful, as well as very high tech. I think we've got a dream team here...
Miss you all!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment