Friday, October 19, 2007

Mass Transit may be defunct, but Paris sure is fab!

Our past few days in Paris have proved to be a bit of a challenge since the mass transit strike is not showing signs of letting up. This morning we left the apartment at 7 AM in order to make our bus to Giverny at 8:30! There was a lot of coffee involved, but boy did we feel accomplished.

Yesterday we went for drinks at the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz. We both got melon martinis from the world famous martini maker - and trust me, you only needed one. Good thing, since they were 28 euro. (Which by the way, is now $1.46 for one Euro! This is a side note, but I would like to point out that I was raised to believe that the dollar was all powerful. I was mislead.) It was super fun, and they had the best roasted almonds I've ever had. Daddy, I think I'm in love.

Of course, we walked off those martinis pretty quick when we had to walk 4 miles to get back to Passy. It was OK the first time, but by the second, third, fourth... it got old. It really is a long walk.

Giverny today was great, we made the bus and all was well. I think if everyone had Giverny as their backyards, we would all be master painters. But don't tell the Musee d'Orsay. I will upload pictures the moment that my internet becomes less erratic!

Sadly, we leave tomorrow. Mom has one more blowout night in London, and then its back the books. Or the pubs. You know, Comsi comsa.

Cheers.

No comments: