Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On Achieving 'Not-Having-To-Order-Status'...

There are many things that one associates with having a successful life in a fast paced city - knowing which subway line is going break down in the morning, having a knack for finding the cheaper muffin that tastes better than the expensive one, etc. However, while these discoveries certainly are milestones I feel that there is an achievement that trumps all the rest, and never fails to impress:

Not having to order at your local Starbucks.

That's right - two months, and now I just walk in there. It happened yesterday for the first time, but I thought it could just be a fluke - I didn't want to celebrate too quickly. When it happened again this morning, I knew I was in. I've graduated from New York City, and officially landed here in the world of Londontown coffee shops. I'm pretty impressed with myself. Don't worry Mom and Dad, I still have to order at the pubs. I'd say that this fact should come as a comfort but the truth is that we all pub jump so much that there's no way any bar man could keep it straight. I'll let you know how I'm faring with that in a few months.

Nothing much else to report - its Wednesday, Halloween. I'm going out to one of the university pubs tonight because they've got specials and they're staying open later than usual but that's about it.

Hope everyone has a good Halloween! And to everyone at school or in school - BE SAFE.

Miss you all.

No comments: