Today my roommates and I met with our landlord to dot the i's and cross the t's with the flat. We went by to see how it was after they cleaned and it is awesome. Our actual section is in the Bayswater area of Westminster. Jen and I have a cute little bedroom, and it has yet to be determined which boys will get the other bedroom and which will be sleeping on the beds in the lounge. We have two TVs, a big fully equipped kitchen, even a hallway rug. We are getting more information about the Internet situation, but hopefully that will be set up soon. We are going to move in for the most part tomorrow, but Jen and I are going to do some last minute cleaning of the place tonight, and I am going to try to move in a bit this evening.
As a group, I would say we have one of the best flats. A ton of other groups already have serious drama, but the six of us are pretty low key together and have agreed on everything so far. The guys have been really helpful and thoughtful, more so than I thought they would be. They've taken a real interest in mundane details usually left to us girls, such as should we get one plunger or two? What kind of soap/cleaning products/etc. Do we have enough towels.
We walked around the area more today, and we are fully equipped with anything we might need. We have a Boots (CVS times 10), a Sainsbury (grocery store), lots of restaurants, its very cosmopolitan, but also very safe. I've only been here three days and it has gone so quickly, I don't even know how to deal with it. I can't believe that I have a flat, I know a neighborhood, I feel adequate getting around on the tube, I feel comfortable doing things by myself. The only thing that sucks is how expensive everything is. I mean no matter how expensive you think London is, its worse. Really. However, the barista at the Starbucks downstairs in the hotel lobby has taken a liking to me, and I now receive my tall lattes for free. If you look hard enough, there is justice in the world :)
Miss you all.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment