Thursday, August 23, 2007

I have a home!

Hello everybody!

I apologize for not updating yesterday, it was crazy! I am now a real estate renter in London! Very exciting stuff. We found the flat yesterday and by chance were taken in before another group of IC students, who wanted the same one, so we knew that we had to act fast. Its a two bedroom with a big lounge so the sleeping situation should be very comfortable. We have two bathrooms and a big kitchen, equipped with a washer and dryer. We are in the city of Westminster which is really nice because we are a few streets over from the night life area, but our street is really quiet and safe. The tube is right around the corner from us, as is the grocery store, dry cleaner, shops, restaurants, all that good stuff.

Our landlord's name is Nick, and he's really nice. I guess this flat is always given to IC students, he said a group lived there last Spring. We sat down to confirm everything in this pub, it was so crazy. I think that we are going to move in Friday because there is a big festival in Notting Hill (which we are two seconds from) that apparently all of London comes out for and there is just now way we will be able to move in and all of that. I can't believe how well this has all worked out. The only thing that is left to work out is the internet situation, but Jamie (one of my roommates) found this wireless service that bills monthly, not annually, so I think that we are going to do that. All six of us have declared that internet one of the most important things!

Last night I went to another orientation which was short and sweet. After that my roommates and I went out to a pub to watch the England v. Germany football game, but all of the English were mad because England lost. They were nasty. Andrew, another one of my roommates, was trying to pull a chair up to our table and he accidentally bumped an English guy who muttered loud enough to hear "German want-to-be." I mean, that doesn't even make sense. Whatever. The pub closed soon after the game was over and we all headed back to the hotel, where we stayed up talking until about 1:45. I slept until 10 this morning, so I think that I am on London time for sure!

Today we are meeting with Nick at 1 to sign a few last things, and then I think I am going to go to the Victoria and Albert Museum, because (a) its right near the London Center and is supposed to be very cool and (b) its free and I'm tired of spending money. I miss you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been constantly checking your blog for an update, you're almost my new Perez.. but not quite! KC taped the Baby-Sitter's Club movie for us but you are in London and unable to watch it. Did you see the new Hills? I canNOT wait for next week's, it will be fabulous. I'll talk to you soon and miss you lots. Put up pics asap! XOXO