Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One down...

I just had Irish Literature, and it seems like its going to be a very cool class. The professor's name is Lee, and he is really animated and into the material - which I'm sure is going to help when we're up to our ears in James Joyce. We have to read a book a week, which is no different than a class back on the home campus so that should be no problem. We don't have to buy all of the books but I think I will anyway because I really like to mark them up and make them feel like they're mine. There's a good second-hand bookshop near the flat so I should be able to take care of that later today. The class was supposed to get out at 1:15, but Lee let us out early, so now I am free until 1:45. What I really liked about the class is that in addition to the texts, we are going to work on a creative writing assignment that focuses on the elements of Joyce's writing, and also we get to do a big paper on some big historical moment in Irish history. I think that I would like to do the civil rights movement, since I just studied the American civil rights movement last semester. I'm sure there are some theoretical overlaps that I can apply.

I hope that the sociology class has a good professor because I think that class has real potential to be awesome. Not that Irish Literature doesn't, but it would be really cool if we got to go into the city for sociology and take a look around. I'm sure we will. I'm very interested to see what books we will be studying in that class, or if it will be more of a hands on approach. Anyway, its a beautiful day so I think I'm going to go eat lunch in the park. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

Anony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. R. said...

do you really think any sociology professor will equal travis?