I have arrived! The plane ride was good, but I don't think that the flight attendant liked me very much. Oh well. Its 8:52 AM London time, which means its 3:52 AM for all of you in New York and 12:52 AM for the rest of you in California. Crazy. So I'm at the Holiday Inn at the Kensington Forum, in a twin room, listening to British radio. The DJs are laughing really hard, but I have no idea what they think is so funny. They're comparing nationalities and then laughing. I don't get it. If nothing else, I really want to try to understand British comedy during this trip because with all due respect, it is just beyond me. I want to leave a cultured human being!
I just realized that all of the tool bars on this website are now in German... so I hope this comes out in English! You all let me know, because that would be awkward. I can't believe I'm here. Flying in I saw the rows upon rows of thatched roofs, and I got really excited because a) I realized that I was really here and b) I felt like I was in a Harry Potter movie. I started humming the theme music in my head and I started to feel ridiculous and awesome at the exact same time. I have to admit that of the two, the latter is still more exciting! (Especially for you Miss Alix I will go to the platform 9/3 sign at Kings Cross station because I know that you would expect nothing less!)
On that note, I really have to thank all of my friends that helped me out this summer, and nudged/forced me to get on this plane, whether I wanted to or not. I already miss you all but I know now (as you all repeated to me about a million times) that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Your consistent laughter and encouragement has made all of the difference.
I can't wait to hear from all of you!
Love, love.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm glad you're safe.
Have so much fun with this. You need it!
I miss you sooo much already, this is so sad :( Hope everything is amazing and a ton of fun! Are the boys cute? Haha, make out with Harry Potter AND Prince Harry for me. xoxo
Post a Comment