Today Bill took us through the tour of Sunday markets. We went to Spitelfields Market, Petticoat Lane, and Brick Lane. The eastern part of London is very cool - I will have to go back! We started at Petticoat Lane and then wound around to Spitelfield and then on to Brick Lane. Petticoat Lane was fun to see, there were so many clothes there! It was more like an outdoor clothing market then a flea market. On the way to Spitelfield Market we saw the Ten Bells, which is where one of Jack the Ripper's victims was last seen. We also went down Wentworth Street, which is famous because he was seen running from the police there. Spitelfield Market was really fun. It was undercover and much trendier than Petticoat Lane. I bought a really cute strawberry messenger bag there. I found some nice rings too, but they were all so expensive. I didn't feel comfortable haggling with people who were inside the tent because they had legitimate companies and stuff. They were nice though. At Brick Lane I found a really cute flower change purse. That place was really cool but we didn't have that much time there so I am going to have to go back next week! We didn't make it up to the Camden area where Portabello Road is, so Jen and I are going to make sure that we head that way next weekend. We walked around for a good three hours at all the markets, so we are pretty tired.
I start work tomorrow, which I am excited about. The dress is 'more smart than casual' but dressing in London is so tricky. It looks like its going to rain and then it doesn't, its overcast but then the sun breaks through and its really warm, but when the clouds come back its cold... its like a weather see-saw. The key is layers, but I just hope my one white sweater that I wear over my dresses doesn't get messed up, because then I will be in real trouble. Tomorrow night after work I am going with my Drama class to see Cabaret in the West End, I think it should be pretty cool! All in all I would say that its been a pretty hectic weekend, gearing up for another hectic week!
I miss you all! <3<3


No comments:
Post a Comment