While it may seem a bit too early in the semester to call it a night at 10:30 on Friday, I think my body is going to rebel if I don't. Today was a big day because I finally realized that although it would appear to the naked eye that I'm merely gallivanting around Europe - I'm actually in school. And, unfortunately, part of school is doing school work. I turned around today and discovered that I have to read two plays, do two journal entries, locate a politics text and then do two weeks worth of reading. Whoops.
Oh well, what can I say? I've been having a grand time. Amsterdam didn't work out, because the boys didn't realize that the tickets to there were 134 pounds. Always read the fine print. I'm sure that we will make it there eventually. Today we went on a private tour of Parliament. It was so interesting. Europe is so OLD. The last room we went into dated back to the 11oos. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the different rooms, but we could take a picture of the medieval hall. I didn't know this, but there is actually only one throne outside of the palace in all of England, and I saw it today! There were so many rules involved though. On top of no photography, we couldn't sit down because it was "taboo" and we really, really couldn't touch anything! Not that I thought we could touch anything, but they were watching us like hawks. Parliament isn't in session, but we had to be really quiet anyway. It was a very cool experience though - I mean, we were walking the same path as the Queen when she opens Parliament. I can't even grasp that concept.
After Parliament I started accepting the fact that I had work to do and bought some folders. I felt much better after organizing all of my things. I started reading on of the plays I have to read called "Translations". Its by Brian Friel. Its pretty cool so far. I have to read another play called "Citizenship" before Monday because on Monday my drama class is seeing that and "Chatroom". They are two short plays by some new hot writers. Not new new, but new in the last ten years kind of way. The plays are supposed to be really edgy and provocative. It should be great. I am presenting "Citizenship" to the class though so I need to be on top of it. So that's Monday. I'll let you know how it is.
Last night I got together with my god-sister Caroline, it was really fun. We went to our friends flat where my roommate Andrew was having an Iron Chef competition with a girl whose flat we went to, Kelly. We decided that they both had to use apples and the person that created the best dish with that ingredient (presentation counted as well) won. I think the prize was just glory but I have to follow up on that. Andrew made this amazing apple french toast and Kelly made pasta with apples. They were both excellent.
Anyway, I should probably go and be somewhat productive. Miss you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment