
The past few days (starting Wednesday) have been complete debauchary. Sorry Mom and Dad, but I have to write about it because it's the craziest chain of events I've ever experienced :) On Wednesday night Josh and I went to the We Are Scientists concert, which was great! They played acoustically, which was different from what they usually do but they still rocked. Also, Alyssa got us in for free which made the night even more fantastic. As I mentioned before, after the music show the Soho Revue Bar turns into a trannyshack. Well, I had to stay. The last time Carolyn and I went she wouldn't let me stay, and I was really sad. Plus it was a beauty pageant night, and seriously what is better than that? We were joined by the gays and I met a fabulous new gay boyfriend. We bonded in exactly 2.5 seconds as we watch the trannies strut. Loves it. We exchanged numbers/facebooks/etc and I hope that we actually see each other again because I'm in love. H
e's also playing a muggle in the new Harry Potter movie AND he has two lines. My excitment for that can't be expressed with words. He's in rehearsels for the movie as I type. Sweet. I've missed my gay boyfriends so much, its about time I met a new one! We all voted for our favorite trannies and the lovely Jackie won. I think.Alyssa and I left around 2 (Josh had previously bailed because he's lame) and we proceeded to make our way to Picadilly Circus to catch the 94 bus. As I've mentioned, the night bus system sucks. We were waiting for a while and these guys sat
down next to us and began talking. At first I wasn't really paying attention because random guys at a bus stop at 2 in the morning isn't exactly what I wanted to deal with. However, they ended up being pretty cool. One was a club promoter and told us to come to this new chic club called Funky Buddha in Mayfair. He told us that he would get us in for free, including a table in the VIP section and free drinks. Alyssa gave him her number (because I certainly wasn't going to) and lo and behold, he called her the next day. He wanted to know our last names and the names of our friends so we could get in. Whoa. So we went to the crazy fancy club that only sold hard alcohol for free, sat on these plush couchs and were showered with free drinks, mixers, and giant martini glasses filled with fruit. Who does that happen too?? Had we wanted to go ourselves, the cover would have been 20 pounds. On pure estimation, between the cover, the drinks, and the table cost I say that I saved a good 200-300 quid. For those of you not up with the exchange rate that's 400-600 dollars. Amazing. The moral of the story is to not discount strangers you befriend at bus stops in the middle of the night.Last night Josh, Libby, and I went to a pub and met up with two girls from ICLC. They were so sweet and awesome. I was also very proud of myself because they are identical twins and by the end of the night I could totally tell them a part. We went out to the the international student bar after the pub which was fun. Libby was playing the paparazzo and took about 150 pictures. God knows what they were of. Not to mention that if she tags them all on facebook I'll kill her. No one needs that much detail of a night in photographic evidence. Let's be serious.
Tonight I'm seeing a movie with Amar, I think. Don't know what it will be, but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Juno again. Again. Again. Again. Now I have to head off and write my media paper (1500 words) which is due on Monday. However I need to get it done today so that I can study for my test on Monday tomorrow. Yesterday Carolyn, Alyssa, and I went to the review session after going to bed at 4. That was fun. I really think that I will do well though, because I've never skipped class and I always pay attention. I really like the teacher and in a really dorky way learning about the paintings and buildings is sort of fascinating. Even though I don't want to admit it.
OK, I have to go write this paper. Blah.
xx


No comments:
Post a Comment