Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's Midnight and I'm Ready to do Homework Now...

So for next week I have to read "Regeneration" by Pat Barker. Have any of you read this? I keep reading it in increments of 25 pages and then falling asleep, its seriously an issue. However now that it's midnight on a Saturday night (Sunday morning) I'm feeling kind of motivated... how long do you think I can keep this going?

Tonight Josh and I found out that our friend Alyssa is working a show for a great ICB band "We Are Scientists"- and we are going to get in for super cheap! Alyssa is interning at Curious Generation, a music promotions company. We couldn't believe that they were promoting this band in the UK, I mean they're from Brooklyn!! It's great because we both really wanted to see a show and the lowered price and excellent venue make the deal even sweeter. It's going to be great!

Ok I really have to go read, I'm just procrastinating because speaking with all of you lovely people is infinitely more fun than focusing on paragraphs with tiny font right now. I mean TINY font. Why do publishers do that? Everyone hates it. I'll ask my co-workers, because well, I guess I'm one of them now (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sorry had to throw it in. I'm still over the moon.

The kids upstairs are screaming the words to "Rent".


....

Really? I mean, I love "Rent" too, but it's not my drunken karaoke du jour. Ever. I hope they stop soon because I really don't want to be "that girl". That said, one more rendition of "Take Me or Leave Me" and I might put the fire extinguisher on them.

Night Night!

xx.

2 comments:

Ally said...

My roommate over the summer worked for Curious Generation. Can you please have her tell Alex and Charlie I said hi! Thank you! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I miss you :(