It's nearly been a week but the good news is that I got a call from the computer company so hopefully this interium will be over soon! I think that if you took away our technology you could kill the youth of today. How sad. That aside, I have an entire week to catch up on.
My house mates and I have been discussing travel plans and landed on visiting Prague and Paris. I'm super excited. The girls asked me if I hadn't been to Paris enough times. I said they've clearly never been to Paris. We're going to be doing that March 14 to 16. Prague dates haven't been set yet, and to be fair I haven't done any research as to know what to actually do and see there but I know it is going to be awesome. I've put Josh in charge of planning the particulars (AKA making sure we get there/have a place to sleep)... figured it'd be better him than me. Libby and I will plan the activities.
On Tuesday night we saw "The Masque of the Red Death" which turned out being this giant haunted house. It was interactive so the actor's would just come up to you and say creepy things and pull you into random rooms. I did not let go of Carolyn's hand the ENTIRE time. I was so scared... it was not OK. Ahhhhh. I've recovered by now though, don't worry.
Harry Potter day in lit was interesting. Kids were coming out with all this crap about how it's social commentary about today's society. I just shook my head. Lee, my teacher saw this and asked me to comment. I just said "No. That's so wrong. It's just Harry Potter." He laughed. I find the girl that said it particularly annoying. It is both Carolyn's and my intention to take her down. She scoffs at us, but please. She has NO idea who she's dealing with.
Thursday I just lounged around (again. again. again.) I always tell myself that I'm going to do work on Thursdays because everyone else is in class but I never do. I just sit around or go to Portobello Road, or call my friends. The trouble with London is that if you want to procrastinate you really don't have to look that far for something enticing. I'm doomed.
Friday was very exciting because..... I got the internship at FSG BOOKS!!!!!! I'm SO excited, I can't even believe it. They only take 16 people from around the country and I almost cried when she told me. The offices are right downtown on 14th street. It's going to be incredible. I'm so proud of myself that I did something on my own without any help or connections. I've wanted to work at a real publishing firm for so long, and I landed one of the best in the country. Life is good. Check the company out:
www.fsgbooks.com
That pretty much brings us up to date. The weather's been so warm it's practically spring and I'm off to spend the rest of the day in the High Street Kensington Library doing work. I know, right? I'm just as surprised as you are.
xx.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
YEAH RACH!!!! I knew you could do it! :) xoxo
Post a Comment